So we got our first round of travel shots today. I had three today and Brad had four. We go back in a month and I will have 3 or 4 more, as will Brad.
I got mine first and I was surprised by how much they did not hurt. I had psyched myself up for worse. Then I made the horrible mistake of accidentally looking while she gave Brad his first injection. GOOD HEAVENS!! Are you aware of how deep intramuscular injections need to go?! ONE INCH, people! Yup, that sucker goes a whole inch right into your muscle and seeing them plunge that baby into Brad's arm made queasiness rise up me mighty fast. Both of our arms are already getting sore and I've heard that today's soreness is nothing compared to what it will be tomorrow.
Alright, that's enough whining. I know many of you who read this have already been there and done that. I'm just saying, ONE INCH?! Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my goodness...you've now made me so NERVOUS to get our shots! I never look at needles going into my arm anyway, but now I'll have a visual! :) Glad to hear that you're getting all set to go to Ethiopia...hoping you hear something about your little one soon!
Soooo glad I didn't watch any of the shots! I think nighttime was the worst- turn on one side, "ouch", turn on the other side, "ouch", but don't worry, after a week or two the pain goes away :-)
Post a Comment