Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Family Dinner

I know my friend Jill is under the crazy impression that things are all Cleaver family at my house, so I'm posting this for her benefit :-)

Here's how dinner went tonight...

Family all seated at dining room table. June Cleaver enters stage right from kitchen carrying delectable dinner choices.
Jude: Mmm. (in a lack-luster voice) Potatoes. Did you burn them tonight?
Monica: No, sweetheart, I especially worked to not burn them tonight.
Jude: Oh, good. (pauses) Are they not supposed to be burned and you just always do them wrong?
Brad: (attempting to keep June Cleaver from exploding) No, Jude, they are supposed to be nice and crispy golden brown on the outside just how mommy always makes them. (Throws mommy the look that says "Look at that! Did you see me stand up for you?! Got any plans later tonight??")

...cut to later that dinner...
Jude: Did you do something different to the meatballs tonight, mom?
Monica: No, sweetheart.
Jude: Hmm. They sure taste different. (Makes a slight gag noise in throat.)
Ezra: Yeah, mom, when I tried the first bite I almost really liked it. (Takes a breath as he's about to continue talking.)
Monica: (Throws Ezra the look that if he continues talking he will be ripped in half and stuffed with said meatballs.)
Brad: Dinner is delicious, honey!
Monica: Thanks, Brad.


Don't you just love family dinner time?

6 comments:

kikstra said...

Thanks, Monica- I pretty much had a Cleaver image of you guys too, so this helps me feel better about Sam's immediate "yuck" about at least one item on his plate each night. What exactly were these "meat"balls made out of????

atHisrighthand said...

Too funny! I think I will send my boys to you. haha. they will make you feel even more June Cleverish. not. My 8 year old hates everything I make..
take care,
Elise

Denise Bryant said...

I was waiting for the food fight, but that was just clean fun! ;p

Jen said...

Wow, it will be SO fun when Ella can talk and tell me how much my cooking stinks as she throws food on the floor! BTW, I don't for a second believe that you are not a good cook.
Jen F.

Jill said...

Oh my...hilarious! I can total see that episode playing out with the boys...I still think you are June however :)

Deanna said...

LOL! Sadly, I can relate!