I am trying to find something adoption related to do to pass the time so in addition to collecting donations I thought I'd start coming up with things for Opie to do on the plane on our way back. What things can we take to keep a 3 to 4 year old boy happy and busy on a plane when not sleeping? I'm sure he'll probably end up sleeping the entire 19 hour flight and we won't need a thing but just in case, right ;-)
Let's think out of the box and come up with some amazing ideas!! Then I can make a post listing them all and forward them to all my adoption groups as well. Remember not a lot of room can be allocated for these items and I need a lot of ideas because, well, 19 hours is a LONG time, people!
Thanks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
So, I've been trying to think up some really creative ideas for you, and I'm afraid I don't really have any.
We took a family vacation to Pittsburgh a few weeks ago, and for the 7 hour drive we brought along the following to occupy our 3 1/2 year old daughter. Maybe this will help?
- small white board with erasable markers with an eraser on the tip
- magnadoodle (sp?)
- Dora activity book with the "magic pen"
- portable dvd player with some movies
These kept her occupied at times, and then snacks helped as well...but I know 7 hours in a car (with frequent stops) is a whole lot different than 17+ hours on a non-stop airplane trip. :)
Well I am so happy you are adopting two! I hope we both get our good news soon! :) So things to do on a plane.. hmmmmm. I am thinking that a really loud whistle, a drum set, a pop gun, youknow things that will really make the other passangers happy! :) oh just kidding. We found a cd in Amharic with kids singing songs, I plan to load that on my Ipod.. We also have an Amharic video... hmmm. I am pretty much also at a loss though and really have no ideas what would be good... lol...
blessings,
Elise
okay...i am not sure....but for the 12hour drive to Mi...we brought..
laptop AquaDoodle's
Diego activity books with "magic pen"
iPod with movies on it, with headphones..
snacks
comic books
i will try to think of others...
I'm personally hoping not to be on the same plane as Elise :-)
Here's a few of my thoughts:
-playdoh
-little stamp sets- the ones that have the ink already in the stamp
-sticker books-DK makes some amazing ones that have lots of everyday objects
-and I'm hoping for a child that will be fascinated by cords/wires so we can just give him/her a set of earphones and they'll play with them for hours, like one of our bio kids did once on a plane
Post a Comment