Monday, March 9, 2009

Adjustment

I've hoped to get an update posted much sooner, but our adjustment has been much harder than I anticipated. In addition to the horrible jet lag and our complete exhaustion, 6 of the seven of us became very sick and have been on prescriptions of some sort. Four of us were on one medicine several times a day and two of us on two medicines several times a day. Many of the medicines had to be taken with certain things or couldn't be taken with certain things that are a regular part of the diet, so managing all of our medications and meals seemed like an overwhelming task of its own when totally sleep deprived. We're all pretty much better now, but it still feels like all I can do to get 3 meals on the table a day, deal with the mounds of laundry (lots of it diarrhea covered from the baby), and just meet the emotional needs of my kids - which are huge right now. My emotional needs and my husband's get left out...a situation that can't continue for much longer. So given all of that, plus everything I've not written about, blog posting has not made it on the to-do list.

We are so thankful for all your prayers through our process and even now.

I am feeling strange about posting intimate details about our family to a public blog. My emotions are very raw at this point, and the thought of bearing those things where a stranger could read them is too much for me right now. Please understand that we value all our friends and family as a huge blessing from God and I will send updates by email as I am able.

Thank you for your prayers and your love!! Our God is so faithful. We have no doubts his love is sufficient to bring us through any difficult times in our life. We have no doubts there is huge blessing and joy to be felt when we are faithful to love and follow him.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Thinking and praying for you, Monica, and your family, during this adjustment time. Much love to you!!!

HeatherV said...

Hi,
I have been praying for you. I am sorry you all got sick.

Please let us know if we can do anything from afar. You are in our thoughts so often and in our prayers.

We have Brandon on 2 antibiotics now (at the same time).

Know we are here if you need to vent, share, etc.

Mary said...

So glad to see this post! I've been praying for you and wondering about you. God puts you in my mind often.
This week, I am reminded that the work we do is for Him. And that truth has encouraged me.

Mom to many said...

Prayers to you! I know how hard it was to adjust with just one little one. I can't imagine with two... well, I can imagine, but I would be JUST like you sound! (Exhausted) Wish I were closer to offer some help, but I will offer my prayers. Your two additions look absolutely adorable, too, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you, but I'm so thankful to hear that your family is feeling better and starting to adjust a little tiny bit easier!

HollyMarie said...

Hey there, praying for you, and if you've followed our blog, you know that we went through the ringer in ET and after coming home for quite some time. Let me know if you need to talk or bounce some thoughts around. hollykladder(at)hotmail(dot)com

I understand the exhaustion and just know that it will continue to get better.

Denise Bryant said...

I hope that each day's adjustment improves as time goes by. When you're in it, it seems like it will never end. I'm sorry you've got a rough time of it. :( It's normal, but that doesn't usually help to hear, huh? We pretty much hibernated at home for what seemed like a year, but that's what we needed. Go as slow as you need to and we won't keep bugging you for bloggy updates. :)