Friday, November 21, 2008

Court date unsuccessful

Sorry I'm so late in posting this, but our court date did not go through on Tuesday. So the kids are not officially ours yet, even though they are in our hearts. We have so completely put our trust in God at this point of the adoption that we are actually joyful for being given another opportunity to show the Lord how we trust him. We are striving to run this race well so that in the end we can stand proud knowing we relied on him fully and give God the glory for the strength and patience he provided. In the past I have not excelled at this, but I can see measurable growth in myself during this adoption process. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I checked in to see if you passed. Stink. It seems to be the norm lately. The lessons to be learned are many (but I will pray that you can travel soon).
Be encouraged that you WILL get there, and it WILL be amazing!
Jen
(Emily V's sis-in-law)

Anonymous said...

Monica,
Wow. I am so blessed by this blog entry! God has taught me the same thing throughout this process, that it is our trust and faith that blesses Him (not our sight, and our worship when things go well!) But what a wonderful example of perspective: Every difficulty is one more chance to worship Him for who He is, not just what He does...and pleasing Him with our faith. Thank you so much for what you wrote. I needed such a great example to follow.
Lyndsay