Saturday, May 10, 2008

River Bank Run

What an great day! My sister and I ran the Fifth Third River Bank Run 10K in Grand Rapids this morning. We had so much fun and my sister is awesome. She has a great mental game and keeps me going when I'd like to slow down or wish I could walk!

AND Brad and I celebrated our 11-year anniversary today! Love you, honey!!

Alright, so here's the photo tour of the day...

Here we are at packet pick-up. 6:45am. Yes, that meant our whole family had to leave Holland at 5:30am. We had to pry the boys out of bed.















Here's the 7 minute mile pacer guy. This is the one and only time we ever saw him! (Well, also because he ran the 25K not the 10K, but we wouldn't have seen him anyway. We did not run 7 minute miles!) Elena and I were mentioning what a stud he must be to carry that sign for 15.5 miles while maintaining a 7 minute mile pace spot on. Then Georgia started saying stud. It's funny to hear a 2-year old say ssstuuud.















Here we are putting our timing chips on our shoes.















Here are the kids dancing in the street between runners. The wet spot on the road is where one runner came up and stopped about 3 feet out directly in front of my two grandmas and vomitted. Sorry grandmas!!















Here we are about 200 feet from the finish line.















Here's our awesome cheering section (Brad, my parents, my two grandmas, and our three kiddos)















Loving signage made by kiddos. G calls my sister Lenny because she can't say Elena, so now everyone calls her Aunt Lenny.















Me and my awesome sister, Lenny! Smiling because we beat our goal time.

6 comments:

Mom to many said...

Wow - way to go. I'm impressed. I could NEVER do it.. I mean NEVER!

kikstra said...

Great job! And so chipper near the finish line!

val said...

hey monica!

i think i passed you in the target parking lot one day last week, as you were driving out and i was driving in...

i didn't know you were the friend of jen's who sews "sweet baby things", and is adopting! your stuff is adorable. is it close to happening?

yes, let's find a time to get together. that would be great.

Mindy said...

Congrats on running the 10K on Saturday! We were part of the thousands who cheered on runners in the 25K and it was very motivational to see all those folks running. And we saw the "7 minute mile" running guy and thought the exact same thing, how does he do that for over 15 miles while running 7 minute miles? :) Good weekend activity to keep you busy so as not to focus on the "waiting." At least in theory, right? Oh...and happy anniversary!

Jill said...

Wow, that is awesome! You will NEVER catch me doing that!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!