Friday, May 23, 2008

No news

I'll just start out by saying that there is no adoption news and it looks like it is going to be quite awhile, basically due to an increase in the number of people adopting from Ethiopia. Great for kids without families...not so great for us when we just want our Edie (pre-adoption nickname) home.

Anyway, I do have a funny story from my 5-year old. I was getting ready to run today and Ezra came into the kitchen and looked me up and down and said "I'm so proud of you, mom." AWWW! My heart melted. And then he continued, "for having all that cool running stuff." By that he is referring to my Timex watch and my iPod armband. He cracks me up.

Then at one point on my run I was running up a hill and saw a half-eaten Red Vine on the path. I seriously almost instinctively stooped to grab it up and eat it. I really had to insist to myself that "No, it is not okay to eat that half Red Vine even if it is for energy." If you're not familiar with them, Red Vines (when soft and fresh) are some of the best red licorice out there.

That's all I have. Wish there was more exciting news to report but we are trying to see the big picture and remember that God's in control even if this isn't the timing we would pick.

6 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

That's a bummer that the wait times keep increasing. :( But of course that IS great news for the kids there. I love Red Vines, too!

Anonymous said...

God bless your little Ezra!

Hang in there and wait patiently on the Lord :+)

Mindy said...

Definitely thinking of you and the other families waiting right now. (And us!) I agree that this is definitely not what we had hoped timing wise, but I'm so thankful that God sees the whole picture and knows just what He is doing. Hoping your wait time speeds up and you get a fun call in the near future!

Tracey in Indiana said...

Just checking in with you. It is great to hear how you are keeping yourself busy during your wait! I wish I enjoyed running ;) Can't wait for that referral post!

HollyMarie said...

I'm laughing at your Red Vine comment! That licorice is definitely the best out there... oooh now my mouth is watering! I hope you hear news soon on the referral front!

Mom to many said...

It WILL happen, and then all the waiting will seem like nothing. I know it is awful, but enjoy your life at this moment and pray and think about what it will be like very soon.