Sunday, April 20, 2008

Some of Jude's quotes

So this weekend we worked outside a lot. Getting the deck table and chairs out, transplanting some plants, cleaning the garage, etc. Brad and Jude emptied the gas out of the snowblower together. A bit later they come over by me and Brad casually informed me that Jude said one of his favorite smells is gasoline. And Jude (SERIOUSLY with as much excitement as if I had just told him we get to live at DisneyWorld forever) said, "Yeah! And that's why when I grow up I'm gonna work at a GAS STATION!!!"

Then we came inside and he asked what was going to be for dinner. I told him and he said, "Oh. How many nights are we going to have that in a row?" Charming. We had it Friday night and apparently tonight is too soon. It's not even leftovers. It's a fresh batch. Oh, well.

Now, after saying all of that, I have to say that Jude is an incredibly sweet kid. I feel like he may be getting a bad rap here on my blog. He is an amazing kid and a wonderful sibling. He takes great care of E and G and has never once had a negative word or gesture towards G. He treats her like gold and treats Ezra almost as good. They rarely fight and that is because Jude's personality is caring and nurturing. I love my oldest boy. I think we are cut out of the same "oldest kid mold" in many ways and that can make us butt heads sometimes, but he is awesome and I am so thankful he is part of our family.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Love the "gas station" line... My eldest daughter and I are also cut out of the same mold also... sometimes it helps me understand her... sometimes it's a showdown... :-)

kikstra said...

Jude is great- you guys are fantastic parents and are molding some super kids. I totally agree with Jude also-it's a good thing I found the right crowd to hang with when I was younger or I might have been a gasoline-sniffing addict.

Mom to many said...

Just found your blog - how sweet! I am also a mother of three and adopting a little girl from Ethiopia and we, too are waiting, and waiting and waiting..and...you get the picture. How long have you been on the wait list? What age are you adopting? Can't wait to go look at those CUTE booties and tag blankets. Love them.

atHisrighthand said...

Jude is so sweet! Gas station huh! too cute... My 17 year old wanted to work in the beanie baby factory when she was Jude's age... Kids are so fun. I love what they say!
Elise