I haven't posted in quite awhile so I had to send an email letting people know I posted (since I'm quite sure I had lost all three of my blog readers). I always struggle with what is blog-worthy and what is not. The end result has been me not writing about anything because we're usually just doing the same old thing. But this is most definitely blog-worthy...
God has blessed us so amazingly with the kids we have and we've got room and love for another. This time, though, God planted the idea in our hearts of having our next child be one of his beloved orphans from across the world. So, we've decided to adopt a child from Ethiopia! We are so excited and are just beginning the process now. The process will be long (around a year) and will test our patience and our finances more than we can probably imagine right now. But like all things with God, it will also be filled with unimaginable joy and excitement.
Ewedishalehu means "I love you" in the Amharic language of Ethiopia. We can't wait for the day when we'll get to greet our next little girl in our arms and say "ewedishalehu".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
So thrilled to hear your news!!!
We will be praying for you as you start the process of adoption.
SO EXCITED for you guys!! We will definitely be praying for you!!
Congratulations :)
Jodi and Aaron Schaap
WOW!! What amazing inspirations you guys are! We hope the adoption process goes as smoothly as possible. That little girl is going to such a loving family, she truly is blessed by God.
We miss you guys,
Leslie, Dan, Vail, and Reya
We are so excited for your family. It is such a blessing to know that our daughter from Ethiopia will have a friend to grow up with from her same country. Obviously, we are here to help you through this process how ever we can!
Ted and Jill
How AWESOME!! We are so happy for your family and we will be praying with you through this exciting journey.
Congrats!!
Kevin,Emily,Ella,and Addison
Hi Sport and Brad,
This is the first time I have gotten into a blog. I am very excited for you two and your family. God has blessed all of us and continues to do so in the most amazing ways. We just have to trust and have faith even in the face of fears. God made us all in his image and has a plan and purpose for each one of us. With his grace we can get to know what that is and follow that plan. God bless the Mellen-Crandells!
xxoo Dad/Grandpa
Post a Comment