Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Georgia!

It's a little late, but here are two pictures of Georgia at her first birthday party.



It's funny how I planned for Jude's first birthday party for probably almost 2 months...and then Ezra's for about a month...and Georgia's for almost a week. And when I say "funny", I don't so much mean where you're laughing and smiling as I mean where you put your head down into your hands and groan. Georgia is a typical third child despite my hopes that her baby book would get written in. We also made plaster belly casts of me with both the boys but never got to it with Georgia.
Hopefully she'll have amazing childhood memories because we're so busy living life that we don't have time to document it. Hopefully that and our love will fill her up enough that she won't feel bad when Jude and Ezra pull out their baby books and boxes full of things I saved from when they were babies.
But what about my guilt?? What makes us feel so guilty about not documenting the price of bread in a pastel book for our children? Why do we think they'll be scarred if we haven't done this for them?

No comments: