Thursday, August 23, 2012

Play kitchen

So this play kitchen post really inspired us last Christmas and we decided to build one.  It was such a fun project for me and Brad and the kids love it. 

The three pieces are not attched so we can move them around as needed.

 
For the burners, I used IKEA foam coasters.  I glued a red and a black together so each one can be flipped over to be "on" or "off". The kids would, of course, use the REAL stove/oven knobs that I got on clearance from Meijer to do that.

 
Here it is in all its glory in our playroom...


 
I love that we somehow had the stroke of genius to make the oven door open to the side instead of down.  It works so well because: 1. little ones don't stand on it and potentially tip stove, and 2. the door is not in their way so when they open it they can reach to work in the oven.

1 comment:

Jen F. said...

I want to come over and play! How fun and creative. Love it.