Friday, October 24, 2008

NEWS!!

After almost a year of waiting to find out who our next daughter will be, we finally know!! Telling all the details of the story would be too long and parts of it wouldn’t even make sense without a primer course on adoption procedure, but let me just say that God has worked in AMAZING ways this week to make our referral possible. Nothing short of a miracle, truly! So our next daughter is 7 months old and is just adorable with big bright eyes.

If you are moved to do so, we would so appreciate your prayers for the health and safety of our two kids in Ethiopia until they are able to join our family.

Anyone within a 10 mile radius can probably hear our screams of joy. Jude has asked me how many more times I’m going to scream. “Probably lots”, I said.

Praising God,
Monica and the family

13 comments:

HeatherV said...

Congrats. Very excited for you. Hope you get a quick court date to bring your 2 precious children home.

Anonymous said...

Monica and Brad,
I am so happy for you. Praying for a quick and successful cout date.
Congratulations!

Cheryl

Karen said...

Congratulations, Monica and family!!

Denise Bryant said...

Congratulations! You now your your complete referral and I'm excited for you all and am looking forward to seeing your new family all together!

Unknown said...

So very thrilled for you!!! What an amazing story you have to share about God's workings through this. I can't wait to meet your children; may it be soon!!!

Jason and Colleen said...

Congratulations!!! We will be praying for the children and for a quick court date.

atHisrighthand said...

Praising God with you Monica and Brad! I am so happy. Tears of joy! Honestly I am thrilled I can't wait to hear of news of you traveling! I will be in prayer for you! I love how God is still moving mountains! wow!
many blessings,
Elise

Anonymous said...

YEA! Praising God with you, and praying for all of you as you eagerly await gotcha day.

Mindy said...

I am so excited and thrilled with God's devine plan! Congrats on all 5 of your children, and praying for health and safety for your 2 children in Ethiopia!

Anonymous said...

So excited, Monica. I feel like I know you from following your story and praying for your family. YAY! How exciting to be welcoming 2 kids home to such a cool family!
Love,
Lyndsay Taylor

Jessica Perberg said...

Such amazing news! Can't wait to your new children. We are so happy for you!

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

A little behind on checking blogs, but I am so glad to hear your news.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I heard the great news from our prayer group, since I am VERY lax about checking blogs lately.

Awesome. I am so awed at how God has his hand so amazingly involved in each of our lives.

Take care!